Thursday, February 20, 2014

In the morning, I'm making waffles!

Waffles are too easy.  Grab a package of Bisquick and you are nearly finished.  And then you start to add the syrup.  I've seen more syrup than waffle (and even pancake) and it draws me close to nauseous.  I am not going to stand here and lie to you; I used to be there person drowning a plate with syrup.  Those days are over.  This recipe I found is just as easy and, in my opinion, requires little to no syrup.  Honestly, I eat each one as I cook the next one, thus I have no plate and no place to pour syrup.  I had to consciously make an effort to leave a few on a plate for a photo op.


The top waffle has butterscotch chips added to the batter, which was a wonderful decision.
The remaining waffles we prepared as below.


As long as you have the ingredients on hand, this recipe is sooo easy. Make sure you read each step carefully, cause you might miss something.

Here we go. Step one: Combine everything. Step two: Pour batter into waffle iron. Step three: Eat waffle. Did you get all of that. I know, that was rough.

Just to take up space, I'll break down the steps into my routine. Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Melt the coconut oil before adding it and the almond milk to the bowl. Mix it up well and heat up the iron. I use a 1/3 cup measuring...umm...cup to result in more uniform waffle sizes.


1 cup whole wheat flour
¾ tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
3 tbsp sugar (This is a lot of sugar. Probably the reason why I do not use syrup. Anyhoo, I am cutting back
each time I prepare the waffles because the thought of so much sugar makes me feel bad.)
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond milk
2 tbsp coconut oil

There you have it. Super delicious and super easy. If you want to mix it up, feel free to add fruit, chips of some sort (i.e.; chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc.), or anything else to make the waffles more of an adventure. You know pineapple would be a good idea. Let me know if you come up with any great or creative ideas to add to the waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment