Thursday, February 13, 2014

Smoothies!

I started this post in July of last year.  I am not exactly sure why it took me so long to finish (more like actually start) it, but here we are.

I love smoothies.  Whenever I have fresh fruit, smoothies immediately come to mind.  And then to lip, because i'mma make one.  Guaranteed.  I am content with simple blueberry or strawberry smoothies, but I'll mix it up with a mango/pineapple/strawberry blend.  Or really any fruit I have around the house.



I'm almost positive this is just a strawberry smoothie.  Delicious, yes.  Complicated, no.



Blueberry smoothie!  I am not sure why the rum is in the picture, but it is not in the smoothie.  I'll have to go back and try that, cause that would be interesting.




Another blueberry smoothie.  Purple perfection, right here.



I'm cheating with this picture.  We've got the strawberry/mango/pineapple smoothie along with the fantastic black bean and avocado sandwich with hummus (not mustard!)


To make these smoothies, I don't really follow any guidelines with the fruit.  I just toss as much as I want into the blend with 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup almond milk before blending it to perfection.

For this recipe
about 1/2 cup Almond milk
under 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
and Fruit!

8 sizable strawberries are a solid amount for a strawberry smoothie.  I think around 1/2 cup blueberries will do the trick.  But play around with the amounts for what is right for you.  Mix it up and make it tropical.  Add some rum.  Most importantly, make it yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment